Friday, January 17, 2014

Being A Change Agent

Who Am I and What Do I Believe????

Who Am I.....

I am the Principal of a High School in Dublin, OH. Our school is one of the Top High Schools in the country as well as in the State of Ohio. What most people do not know about my school are the following:


  • We are a Targeted Title One school, 32% of our students are on Free and Reduced lunch;
  • We are on School Improvement from not meeting the Reading and Math targeted scores;
  • We have students that represent 49 different countries;
  • We have students that represent 10 different subgroups;
  • We have a staff that does not stop teaching at the end of the day; and
  • We are a multi-cultural family, which is the model of our society.

What do I believe...

My theory and vision of our school are based on several levels. They are accordingly:

  • Triple A....Academics, Arts, Athletics;
  • 3 focal points called CAT.....Collaboration, Appreciation, and Trust;
  • Servant Leadership....the ability to serve others for the betterment of the organization utilizing CAT; and
  • Being a Change Agent...Building relationships, being visible, and listening.


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging and becoming a 21st century learner! I was sent over here by Jennifer :) who I only know through the blogging world. We share our stories, our slices of life, every Tuesday at twowritingteachers.wordpress.com. Ask her about our March writing challenge. Maybe you will join us this year. How wonderful that your first blog post states your desire to be a change agent. You are in for an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks as I owe this start to Jennifer who happens to be one of my better teachers for our ELL kiddos. I look forward to exchanges ideas and conversing with the fellow bloggers. I will make sure Jennifer lets me know when the March writing challenge will occur. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! Being a blogger is really being a change agent; you are building relationships, you are being visible, and you are listening others through the words on their blogs. As I have listened Jennifer's words on her blog, I have learned so much. I have also built relationships with other teachers, and participated in collaboration with them. Blogging is really a new world, but so rewarding to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, so great to see what you're beginning with, your students! I'm a blogging friend of Jennifer's and now hope she'll push you into posting and connecting to groups that will appreciate what you're writing about, like this Tuesday Two Writing Teachers group. Wow-49 countries. I imagine you love what Jennifer does with and for her students-awesome. Best wishes in connecting in so many areas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first post has been posted, read, and commented on. You have entered an exciting world of creating connections around the world. Lucky you to have Jennifer as a guide into this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone that has responded. I owe this to one of my excellent teacher leaders (Jennifer). I look forward to learning, listening, collaborating, and discussion many topics. Take care and lets all enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete